As you know this past Saturday's BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull @ Espresso Joe's had to be cancelled, due to a fire that happened across the street from Espresso Joe's.
Espresso Joe's does have some smoke damage, but I believe they will still be doing their shows his coming weekend, including the "Rock The Lup" benefit for Alliance For Lupus Research this Saturday. You can find out more about that benefit by listening to the interview I did with Catherine Wacha, performer & organizer of the annual benefit
This last BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull @ Espresso Joe's for our winter/spring season will take place on Saturday May 14th (incidentally, one day after my birthday)!
This month's show features 1L, HAL, & Staten, with an acoustic opening set from O'Neill & Martin.
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
RECOMMENDATION: Red Black Red - "Bloody Wing"
RECOMMENDATION: Brett Harris - "Up In The Air"
RECOMMENDATION: Robby Belen - "Being Me Is Suffering (EP)"
RECOMMENDATION: Dana Falconberry and Medicine Bow - "From The Forest Came The Fire"
RECOMMENDATION: No Floaters - "2AM"
INTERVIEW & PLAYLIST: Catherine Wacha - 'Rock The Lup 2016'
MUSIC VIDEO: Keith Beck's Zigman Bird - "Dry Tears
RECOMMENDATION, INTERVIEW, & PLAYLIST: Shotgun Bill - "The B-Sides"
PLAYLIST: BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull Preview for 4/9/16 @ Espresso Joe's
RECOMMENDATION: The Negative Nancys - "Sorry, Not Sorry"
RECOMMENDATION: The Rodgers - "You Ain't Us"
RECOMMENDATION: Side Bitch - "Demo (March 2016)"
RECOMMENDATION: Basia Bulat - "Good Advice"
RECOMMENDATION: Larée Cisco - "Now That's What I Call Larée! 2"
RECOMMENDATION: Sean Marshall - "Bookshelf"
RECOMMENDATION: The Cucumbers - "The Fake Doom Years (1983-1986)"
RECOMMENDATION: Dori Freeman - "Dori Freeman"
MUSIC VIDEO: Son Of Dov - "Gold Dust" [live]
So...to say BlowUpRadio.com has had an "interesting" 2016 so far, would be an understatement.
First we lose our internet station when Live365 goes under (thanks to the Copywrite Royalty Board removing a key provision for small broadcasters).
Tried to get an explanation from someone who is pushing for internet radio that make no profit, to have to pay 5x what college radio has to pay in royalties, and instead ended up cyber bullied by some people unwilling to listen to my side of the story.
This week BlowUpRadio.com's website was done for at least 8 hours, and since Tripod/Lycos has zero customer service, I did no know if/when my site was coming back up, or if I had lost 15+ years worth of work, and hundreds of pages created on the site. Thankfully, BlowUpRadio.com is back up & running (still no word from Tripod/Lycos as to what happened...did I mention their customer service is non-existent?)
Then Friday night I learn of the fire in Keyport and that Espresso Joe's had to cancel all shows this weekend, which included our monthly Guitar Pull.
Yeah, woe is me, I've got my health, I have food on my plate, and a small roof over my head...but these things do pile up and can make me think I am being tested like Job (but for that I'd have to be a religious man, which I am not).
But it also makes me realize how much I love what I do, even though I don't have the power to make any of the musicians I play famous, & I lose money doing this, I overcome these setbacks and keep pushing on, as I have for over 15 years.
...I'm writing all of this not so much for any of you to read, but more because I needed to say this out loud to myself, as a reminder of what I love doing!
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Red Black Red - "Swindle In The Grind" from "Bloody Wing"
2. Deaf Skulls - "Crashed Warship" from "v2"
3. Ashes To Oranges - "Mirrors" from "Inanimate Animal"
4. No Floaters - "2AM" from "2AM"
5. Alpha Rabbit - "Always Never" from "half finished rough draft demo demo"
6. Steamboat - "Eyes" from "Oh K"
7. Tough Boy - "I Need Interest" from "Empty Feeling(s)"
8. Old Smile - "Dimming" from "Dimming"
9. The Planet You - "Snowball Tears" from "The Planet You"
10. Shark Club - "If You're Happy" from "Slowly...Very Slowly EP"
11. Ty Wan - "Creeper" from "Demo"
12. Tuff Turf - "We're Not Like Other Wolves" from "Hunger & Haunt"
13. Hotel Metamorphosis - "Periscope" from "Three Old Songs"
14. Airacuda - "Paper Candy" from "Daydreaming"
15. Poverty - "Street Rat" from "Piss Poor Demo"
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Brett Harris - "Shadetree" from "Up In The Air"
2. Swoop Swoop - "It's Spring" from "Swoop Swoop"
3. Sturgill Simpson - "In Bloom" from "DA Sailor's Guide To Earth"
4. The Subterraneans - "Final Hour" from "Lost"
5. The Turnback - "Reveal" from "Are We There Yet?"
6. Mo Troper - "Paint" from "Beloved"
7. Dana Falconberry and Medicine Bow - "Dolomite" from "From The Forest Came The Fire"
8. Nevruary - "The Runner" from "Noegenesis"
9. The Gaylads - "ABC Rocksteady" from "First-Class-Rocksteady"
10. Luke Bell - "Sometimes" from "Sometimes"
11. Ray Rocket - "Do You Wanna Go To Tijuana?" from "Do You Wanna Go To Tijuana?"
12. Bob Brown - "It Takes The World To Make A Feather Fall" from "The Wall I Built Myself"
13. Prism Tats - "Pacifist Masochist" from "Prism Tats"
14. Caveman - "Never Going Back" from "Otero War"
15. Daniel Amedee - "Everything Will Change" from "Everything Will Change"
That's all for this week folks.