Please update any and all bookmarks (both on your computer, and any links on your websites) to www.BlowUpRadio.com. Out Tripod site is going down. I am continuing to rebuild BlowUpRadio.com on a new web host. New additions to the site this week include more of the Interview Archive, and Recommendations, Photos, & 'Not Reviews'.
Attention Musicians: We are starting plan this year's Banding Together benefit for the Spondylitis Association of America. Click on the link below for more info (or see Lazlo's Corner below):
Reminder, there is no BlowUpRadio.com show at Espresso Joe's this Saturday. It was cancelled by the venue. They somehow double-booked the night, and we drew the short straw.
The next BlowUpRadio.com show at Espresso Joe's will be on Saturday August 13th.
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
Outliers & Cold Fires (recommendation): Arlan Feiles - "Come Sunday Morning" (Live Radio Version)
RECOMMENDATION: Ed Tang & The Chops - "magic tricks and rolling stone"
MUSIC VIDEO: D Generation - "Militant"
RECOMMENDATION: Mikey Erg - "Tentative Decisions"
MUSIC VIDEO: The Deafening Colors - "Parkway South"
Outliers & Cold Fires (recommendation): Jon Caspi & The First Gun feat. Dez Cadena - "Sun"
MUSIC VIDEO: EdTang - "Just Two Old Friends"
MUSIC VIDEO: 18th & Addison - "war"
RECOMMENDATION: James Booth & The Return - "Hard Strokes Of Velvet Redux"
Attention Musicians: BlowUpRadio.com continues it's annual Spondylitis Benefit & Needs Your Help!
It is that time again to plan this year's Banding Together Spondylitis Benefit.
Since 2006 BlowUpRadio.com has been doing this annual benefit to raise money for the Spondylitis Association Of America. As most of you know this cause is very personal to me as my wife suffers from Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Most of you also know that on January 31st Live365 went under, and with it my internet station.
So this year the benefit will not be a Webathon broadcast from my apartment.
There will be three ways you can be involved:
1. We will be doing a compilation that we will make available to people who donate to the Spondylitis Association Of America. While I won't turn down any original song submitted (no covers please), if you could donate a song exclusive to this collection (unreleased elsewhere) that would be most helpful in getting people to want this collection. I will need all songs by September 1st, but please don't wait until the last minute to send it.
2. I am dubbing October, Spondylitis Benefit Concert Month!
Many of you play at least one show a month, some of you even regularly booking your own night's at venues.
I am hoping to have October be "Banding Together" month with a bunch of bands doing shows you already have booked (or are booking now) and agreeing to give any money made from that show to the Spondylitis Association Of America. Preferably avoiding October 8th & 15th, if possible (see 3 below to understand why avoiding Oct. 8th & 15th).
I would set up a site for all the shows to be listed on along with info on the SAA. If enough bands in NJ (and nationally) get involved, I should be able to get some real media attention.
3. I'll be doing two acoustic benefit shows
- The first on Saturday October 8th from noon until 4pm at the music room inside the Middletown Public Library. It sounds weird to do a show at a library, but this is a beautiful, spacious room, perfect for acoustic shows. This show has a few spots open, if interested in playing solo or duo acoustic, please let me know ASAP. Sets will be 30 minutes, with 5 minutes of changeover time between acts.
- The second on Saturday October 15th at Espresso Joe's (Keyport), running noon-10pm. This show is full booked.
If any of these ideas sounds like something you want to be involved with, please let me know.
If you have any questions, also let me know.
I thank you in advance for reading this and for your support of this annual benefit!
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Ed Tang & The Chops - "Kerouac's Curse" from "Magic Tricks and Rolling Stone"
2. Joseph Mancuso - "Greatness" from "An Ocean"
3. Ben From Naked Ant - "The Heart Plays Along" from "Demos 1"
4. Ghost Camp - "Kickball Katy" from "Great Lakes"
5. The Hannas - "The Bend" from "The Bend"
6. Mikey Erg - "Apart Time" from "Tentative Decisions"
7. Keith Monacchio - "I Won't Give Up" from "The Dust-Up"
8. TooAfraid - "I Still Haven't Changed" from "Restorative Collapse"
9. Keepin' The Family - "Coastline" from "Keepin' The Family"
10. Modern Crowds - "Where Did We Go Wrong" from "Go"
11. Nicholas Edward Hertzberg - "God Fearing God" from "I Liked When I Was Done...I Didn't Like Doing It"
12. C.R. and the Degenerates - "Salt of the Earth" from "Salt of the Earth"
13. Plainfield Slim - "The Ringing Phone" from "Bongo Boy Records: Backroom Blues, Vol. 3"
14. Bernards Jazz Quartet/The Brady Bunch Jazz Quartet - "St. Thomas" from "Bernards Jazz Quartet"
15. Serious Matters - "Summer Tides" from "Summer Sampler (2016 Demos)"
Click here to listen: http://tinyurl.com/070416bur
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Mia Moravis & The Trevor Sewell Band - "Work Me Baby" from "Bongo Boy Records: Backroom Blues, Vol. 3"
2. Layla Zoe - "Work Horse" from "Breaking Free"
3. Motorhead - "Whorehouse Blues (Live In Munich 2015)" from "Clean Your Clock (Live In Munich 2015)"
4. The Winter Sounds - "Freebird" from "Freebird"
5. The Noble Thiefs - "I Want You" from "It's Tough To Be The Bad Guy"
6. Earth Girls - "Say Goodnight" from "Wanderlust"
7. MGT with Miles Hunt - "You Can't Go Back (To Once Upon a Time)" from "Volumes"
8. Mayve - "Talking To Myself" from "Animals EP"
9. Oogee Wawa & TreeHouse - "Waiting on the Sunrise" from "Waiting on the Sunrise"
10. The Pondhawks - "Come Rain or Disarray" from "Blue Light"
11. secret space - "Beyond the Display" from "The Window Room"
12. Skyscape - "Poetry Read-In At Bob's" from "Dr. Des Moines"
13. The Interrupters - "By My Side" from "Say It Out Loud"
14. Riverboat Gamblers - "Massive Fraud" from "Massive Fraud"
15. D Generation - "Militant" from "Nothing Is Anywhere"
Click here to listen: http://tinyurl.com/070416den
That's all for this week folks.