Please update any and all bookmarks (both on your computer, and any links on your websites) to www.BlowUpRadio.com. I am no longer able to update the Tripod site.
I am continuing to rebuild BlowUpRadio.com on a new web host. New additions to the site this week include more Recommendations, Photos, & 'Not Reviews'.
Attention Musicians: We are starting plan this year's Banding Together benefit for the Spondylitis Association of America. Click on the link below for more info:
The next BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's will be on Saturday August 13th.
It features: Javier Orellana (Erase: Rewind), Jonathan Andrew, Sean Faust
Acoustic Opener: The Porchistas
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
RECOMMENDATION: Not Blood Paint - "Believing is Believing"
RECOMMENDATION: A Halo Called Fred - "Lies, Damned Lies, and Songs by A Halo Called Fred"
RECOMMENDATION: Garbage - "Strange Little Birds"
RECOMMENDATION: Bernards Jazz Quartet/The Brady Bunch Jazz Quartet - "Bernards Jazz Quartet"
RECOMMENDATION: Pinstripe Loveseat - "Pinstripe Loveseat's Big Fun Thing"
When Did You Fall In Love With Music? (Interview Podcast): Episode 2: Terry Cook (Dodgeball) tribute
RECOMMENDATION: tooafraid - "Restorative Collapse"
RECOMMENDATION: Blackfoot - "southern native"
RECOMMENDATION: Somerdale - "Shake it Maggie"
Attention Musicians: BlowUpRadio.com continues it's annual Spondylitis Benefit & Needs Your Help!
MUSIC VIDEO: The Novelists - "Morris & Estelle"
RECOMMENDATION: The Everymen - "These Mad Dogs Need Heroes"
MUSIC VIDEO: The Maravines - "Your Permanent Infant (Live @ Groove on Grove)"
RECOMMENDATION: Diego Allessandro & Lot 25 - "Eden Boulevard"
7 years ago, in this very space, I wrote:
The other week U2 announced their concert tour, and on their itinerary was Giants Stadium…which was listed as being in New York City.
I am so sick of New Jersey being dissed. Giants Staidum is in NEW JERSEY! And the Giants & Jets, should be the NEW JERSEY Giants and the NEW JERSEY Jets. It’s because we don't throw a shit fit about this that New York gets away with calling the teams theirs and the stadium gets falsely considered to be in New York City. And don’t give me this bullshit that their main offices are in NYC so they are a NY team. So move the fucking offices to NJ. You play in NJ, your offices should be in NJ.
Write your state congress people, there should be a law that if a team plays in NJ they are required to call themselves a NEW JERSEY team.
Let's have some pride for our state!
I'm frankly tired of NJ being the butt of jokes.
Sadly I still constantly get press releases that refer to MetLife Stadium as being in NYC (instead of East Rutherford, NJ), and BB&T Pavilion as being in Philadelphia (instead of Camden, NJ). I've even seen press releases claim PNC Bank Arts Center is in NYC (even though it is a good 45 minutes away in Holmdel, NJ).
This weekend #ColdplayNYC was trending on Twitter.
Problem is they were playing in New Jersey (MetLife Stadium).
It is so frustrating that New Jersey never gets the respect it deserves.
So I've decided, if they can claim NJ locations to be in other states, than fuck it, I will now always report Madison Square Garden, Yankee Stadium, and Citi Field, as being in New Jersey. Lincoln Financial Field, Citizens Bank Park, and Wells Fargo Center are also now in New Jersey (that's right, the wells fargo wagon is a movin' across the border to another state).
As I said on Twitter (@Lazlo_BUR), New jersey is an amazing state...albeit it an amazing state with a terrible governor.
P.S. NYC - The Statue Of Liberty and Ellis Island legally are New Jersey property, so stop trying to claim them!
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Somerdale - "take it from the top" from "shake it maggie"
2. Basement Revival - "Door Knockin'" from "Run, Devil, Run"
3. Bobby Mahoney and the Seventh Son - "Black and Milds" from "Shot in the Dark"
4. Family Values - "Grandeur Eyes" from "Grandeur Eyes"
5. Indian City, Weather Station - "Everything In" from "The Trungle: Demos From the Attic"
6. Casual - "Shrug" from "Grip The Grass"
7. DownTown Mystic - "And You Know Why" from "Rock'n'Roll Romantic"
8. Dutch Pop - "Black Ice" from "Floating"
9. Forest Child - "Running Away" from "Forest Child EP"
10. The Everymen - "No One Seems To Matter To Me" from "These Mad Dogs Need Heroes"
11. Cranston Dean Band - "Fine So Far" from "Sarajevo"
12. Wonderfalls - "Punk Rock Racehorse" from "You Had To Be There: Part One "
13. A Halo Called Fred - "Holy Shit, You Love Me" from "Lies, Damned Lies, and Songs by A Halo Called Fred"
14. Possum in my Room - "The Lake" from "Smog"
15. Lifeguard Nights - "FNJT (Unmastered)" from "Buns Glazin"
Click here to listen: http://tinyurl.com/071816nj
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. The Magic Lightnin' Boys - "Bones" from "Stealin Thunder"
2. Blackfoot - "Southern Native" from "Southern Native"
3. Trick Or Treat - "Cloudrider" from "Rabbits' Hill Pt. 2"
4. Matthew Stewart - "Sex Was Gold" from "Sex Was Gold"
5. The Conquerors - "Yes I Know" from "Wyld Times"
6. Steel Cranes - "Today is the Day" from "Tango"
7. Pinstripe Loveseat - "Break to Chattanooga" from "Pinstripe Loveseat's Big Fun Thing"
8. Dot Dash - "The Infinite" from "Searchlights"
9. No Joy - "XO (Adam's Getting Married)" from "Drool Sucker"
10. TTNG - "Destroy The Tabernacle!" from "Disappointment Island"
11. Tides From Nebula - "Safehaven" from "Safehaven"
12. J&L Defer - "Hard Fiction Road" from "No Map"
13. Hawker M. James - "Love Like A Hurricane" from "Love Like A Hurricane"
14. Jared & The Mill - "Keep Me Going" from "Orme Dugas EP"
15. Birdtalker - "Heavy" from "Just This"
Click here to listen: http://tinyurl.com/071816den
That's all for this week folks.