BlowUpRadio.com is WhereNJRockLives.com (read Lazlo's Corner for more info)
Please update any and all bookmarks (both on your computer, and any links on your websites) to www.BlowUpRadio.com or www.WhereNJRockLives.com. I am no longer able to update the old Tripod site.
Check out an in depth interview I (Lazlo) did with Ed Tang of Ed Tang & The Chops, along with songs from their new album, "Magic Tricks & Rolling Stone": http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2016/chops.html
This week we started posted a "Song Of The Day", this will (hopefully) continue as a daily thing. If you follow @BlowUpRadio on Twitter, you will see the Song Of The Day tweeted every day. If not, check out BlowUpRadio.com or WhereNJRockLives.com.
We have updated our Twitter handle. it is no longer @Lazlo_BUR. It is now just @BlowUpRadio. Please make a note of that change, and if you're not already following us, please do!
Attention Bands: We are looking for unreleased, original songs for a compilation to benefit the Spondylitis Association Of America. Contact me if interested. Thank you!
The next BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's will be on Saturday August 13th.
It features: Javier Orellana (Erase: Rewind), Jonathan Andrew, Sean Faust
Acoustic Opener: The Porchistas
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
RECOMMENDATION: Collector - "Reminders" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Dutch Pop - "Floating" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Yarn - "This Is the Year"
RECOMMENDATION: Newfoundman - "Flying Point" (NJ)
Outliers & Cold Fires (recommendation): Lowlight - "Bones" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (7/31/16): Mr. Reality - "To Leave Me Standing In The Rain"
Song Of The Day (7/30/16): Lawn Darts - "Parking Lot Romance"
Song Of The Day (7/29/16): The Slow Wire - "Super Glue"
Song Of The Day (7/28/16): The Afraid Brigade - "In The Dark"
INTERVIEW & PLAYLIST: Ed Tang Interview / Ed Tang & The Chops - "Magic Tricks and Rolling Stone"
RECOMMENDATION: Skyscape - "Dr. Des Moines"
RECOMMENDATION: Mike Oregano - "Dance Your Face Off!"
RECOMMENDATION: John Gilman - "Back Pocket Songs"
PLAYLIST: Terry Cook Tribute Concert Preview
RECOMMENDATION: Reflowered Girlz - "Reflowered Girlz"
BlowUpRadio.com is WhereNJRockLives.com
That's right, nearly 16 years into our existence, we've created a second name for our website.
Well the easiest explanation is that when we recently switched servers we had the opportunity to claim another domain name, so why wouldn't we?
And WhereNJRockLives.com made the most sense for two reasons:
1. It has been right below our BlowUpRadio.com logo since we started.
2. It highlights what our site is mostly about. Yes, we do Lazlo's Den and recommend albums not made by NJ musicians, but our focal point has always been New Jersey's original music scene.
When I first started BlowUpRadio.com back in December of 2000, I was completely frustrated with working for a commercial radio station that was playing the same rock bands every other rock station was playing. When I suggested there were a lot of great local original bands in NJ that don't get attention, I was told that the station plays one local song a day.
Out of my frustration I wanted to figuratively blowup the staleness of commercial radio. Hence, BlowUpRadio.com.
It was pre-9/11, and the name didn't immediately come with the thought of terrorism. While I thought about changing the name from BlowUpRadio.com after 9/11, I was swayed not to by fans who knew that the intent of the name had nothing to do terrorism.
In recent years though, some people have had trouble accessing the site from certain locations, possibly due to the site's name.
Going to BlowUpRadio.com or WhereNJRockLives.com will bring you to exactly the same site. So for those having problems accessing BlowUpRadio.com, possibly because of the name, try WhereNJRockLives.com.
Regardless of which website you go to, rest assured you continue to find the same thing I've been doing for almost 16 years, and hopefully will be doing for many more.
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. collector - "close" from "reminders"
2. all the forgotten - "cherries" from "another voice"
3. Fortune Yeller - "Burn" from "Burn"
4. Rich Soni - "Little Seaside Home" from "Safety Tapes, Vol. 4"
5. Anthony Malgapo - "State Street" from "State Street"
6. Luke Halloween - "my dancing shoes are off!" from "the world champion!"
7. Fathers Of Stealth - "Just Like Heroin" from "PsychoFuzz EP"
8. Sunburnt Lung - "Meddle" from "Sound Screen"
9. Grave Architecture - "INK" from "INK"
10. Ornithology - "Old Soul" from "Ambisinister"
11. Sapwood - "Plan To Leave" from "Longtime"
12. Lisa Coppola - "Stuck to My Shoe" from "Backroom Blues Volume Three"
13. Quality Living - "Beach Ball" from "Quality Living"
14. James Booth & The Return - "This Makes The Dead Walk" from "This Makes The Dead Walk"
15. YJY - "Summer Lifeguard" from "The Same Noise"
Click here to listen: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2016/080116.html
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Teenage Fanclub - "I'm In Love" from "Here"
2. Big Eyes - "Stake My Claim" from "Stake My Claim"
3. Honey Bucket - "Devo Hat" from "Magical World"
4. Wintergatan - "Marble Machine" from "Marble Machine"
5. The Fool I Am - "Fish Pond All On Fire" from "Fish Pond On Fire"
6. Sundressed - "Autopilot" from "Secret Stuff / Sundressed"
7. Valient Thorr - "No Count Blues" from "Old Salt"
8. Useless ID - "How to Dismantle an Atom Bomb" from "State Is Burning"
9. The Stone Foxes - "Dying Star" from "Twelve Spells"
10. Samantha Farrell - "Long Night Coming" from "September Sun"
11. Brigid Mae Power - "Lookin at You In a Photo" from "Brigid Mae Power"
12. Lucinda Williams - "It's Nobody's Fault But Mine" from "God Don't Never Change: The Songs Of Blind Willie Johnson"
13. Oogee Wawa - "Palm Trees" from "Palm Trees"
14. Happy Diving - "Pain Country" from "Electric Soul Unity"
15. Pixies - "Um Chagga Lagga" from "Head Carrier"
Click here to listen: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2016/080116den.html
That's all for this week folks.