Attention Bands: We are looking for unreleased, original songs for a compilation to benefit the Spondylitis Association Of America. Contact me if interested. Thank you!
***Note: we will need all songs by THIS THURSDAY September 1st***
The next BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's is Saturday September 10th.
It features: Diego Allessandro, Newfoundman, & Catherine Wacha
Acoustic Opener: Frank & Bill.
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
Rock Concerts Throughout October Have NJ Artists Banding Together for BlowUpRadio.com's 10th Annual Spondylitis Benefit
RECOMMENDATION: Shark Club - "Michigan" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (8/28/16): Cropduster - "People Person"
Song Of The Day (8/24/16): Newfoundman - "The Lonely And The Loved"
INTERVIEW & PLAYLIST: Beatrix Potter
Song Of The Day (8/23/16): Evelyn Forever - "Rock And Roll Girl"
RECOMMENDATION: Asleep At A Wake - "Babysitters' Sandwiches" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (8/22/16): SSRi - "King"
Song Of The Day (8/21/16): Sir Dove - "Tylenol & Cyanide"
RECOMMENDATION: I Am Too Old to Be Afraid of the Dark - "Why Do You" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Ben Gravy - "New Bones EP" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (8/18/16): Chris Rockwell - "Hot Town"
Outliers & Cold Fires (recommendation): Val Emmich - "Almost Lost You"
Song Of The Day (8/17/16): Spiraling - "The Future"
Song Of The Day (8/16/16): Fun While You Wait - "Mountain Song"
Song Of The Day (8/15/16): Plastic East - "Toll Booth Girl"
10th Annual Banding Together Benefit for the Spondylitis Association Of American to feature 5 Concerts On 4 Saturdays in October
BlowUpRadio.com, where NJ rock lives, once again brings together some of the best local indie musicians for the tenth annual Banding Together: Benefit For The Spondylitis Association of America.
This year Banding Together will feature 5 concerts happening on 4 Saturdays in October, with all money raised going directly to the Spondylitis Association Of America to fund research and provide the programs and services the spondylitis community has come to rely on.
Spondylitis is a genetic rheumatoid arthritic condition that causes inflammation and fusion in the vertebrae of the spine. To date BlowUpRadio.com has raised thousands of dollars for the cause, and raised awareness of the genetic disease which the Centers For Disease Control says affects more than 2.7 million adults in the US.
"This is a very personal benefit for me as my wife, Naomi, suffers from ankylosing spondylitis (AS).", says Lazlo, the founder of BlowUpRadio.com and the organizer of Banding Together, "I have seen the debilitating effects of this disease and the chronic pain and discomfort it causes. This benefit is the least I can do to help my wife, and over two million others who suffer from AS and its associated diseases."
Concerts will take place at the following venues:
The Clash Bar (Clifton) - Saturday October 1st
Middletown Public Library (Middletown) - Saturday October 8th (afternoon show)
Dragonfly Music & Coffee Café (Somerville) - Saturday October 8th (evening show)
Espresso Joe’s (Keyport) - Saturday October 15th
Buddie’s Tavern (Parlin/Sayreville) - Saturday October 22nd
Artists scheduled to perform at Banding Together concerts include: Bruce Tunkel, Catherine Wacha, Christian Beach, Deena Shoshkes, Diego Allessandro, Frank & Bill, HAL, Happy Joe Canzano, Jersey Drive, Joe Schroeck, Jonathan Andrew, Josh Bicknell, Joshua Van Ness, Keith Monacchio, Laree Cisco, Levy & The Oaks, Melissa Anthony, Miss Ohio, Newfoundman, Peter Prasa, Sean Faust, Shotgun Bill, Son Of Dov, The Anderson Council, The Brixton Riot, The Suberterraneans, Thomas Johnston, Tony Tedesco & Gorgo, Tri-State, Vic Fraternale, and more TBA.
(artists performing are subject to change)
Full lineups for each show will be announced soon.
In addition to the live concerts there will be a new digital compilation an exclusive collection of songs from many of the bands performing, with all money made from the sale of it also going to the Spondylitis Association Of America. A complete track listing will be available in mid-September on http://www.BlowupRadio.com
You can purchase previous compilations to help the Spondylitis Association Of America here: https://spondy.bandcamp.com
“With Live365’s demise earlier this year, BlowUpRadio.com lost its internet radio station component. But I wouldn’t let that stop me from finding ways to promote good music coming out of the Garden State, as well as support the Spondylitis Association Of America.”,says Lazlo, "We may not be doing our traditional webathon this year, but I am very excited that, with help from some amazing people, I am able to continue to do our annual benefit for this wonderful cause."
The Spondylitis Association Of America (SAA) is a non-profit organization that was the first and remains the largest resource for people affected by spondylitis. Through their efforts, they help advance education, research and treatment for ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and related diseases. For more than 30 years’ SAA has dedicated all of its resources to help improve the lives of people coping with spondylitis.
BlowUpRadio.com is WhereNJRockLives. For almost 16 years they have been supporting New Jersey’s local original music scene, by playing predominantly unsigned New Jersey bands.
For more information on Banding Together & BlowUpRadio.com go to http://www.BlowupRadio.com
For More information on the Spondylitis Association Of America go to http://www.spondylitis.org
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Shark Club - "In Time" from "Michigan"
2. 4Karma - "Doubting Freedom" from "Doubting Freedom"
3. Snafu - "Start Over" from "the Resistance"
4. Asleep At A Wake - "Moonshine and Forever" from "Babysitters' Sandwiches"
5. moon pie! - "so i got her number. now what?" from "proportional"
6. Your Son the Bum - "Daphne at the Diner" from "Dog is a Man's Best Mirror"
7. Stolen Jars - "Down to Dinner (Kept Bâ€‹-â€‹Side Version)" from "Clearmountain Compilation Vol. 1"
8. Forth Wanderers - "Work (Demo)" from "Clearmountain Compilation Vol. 1"
9. Gifts - "wecouldbe (Demo)" from "Clearmountain Compilation Vol. 1"
10. Shabazz Talib - "Summer Days ft. Angelique Demetillo (prod. Ben Zayb)" from "Summer Days ft. Angelique Demetillo (prod. Ben Zayb)"
11. Jacob Bergacs - "Summer of 2016" from "Acoustic EP #1"
12. Rich Soni - "Wander With Me" from "07-31 (Poor Henry's)"
13. The Droolers - "Driving" from "FIRSST Fest 2016 Compilation"
14. Rewilding - "Friday by Rebecca" from "FIRSST Fest 2016 Compilation"
15. Valley And The Plains - "Mouth" from "FIRSST Fest 2016 Compilation"
Click here to listen: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2016/082916.html
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Beaver Nelson - "Well, Well, Well" from "Positive"
2. Chris Staples - "Park Bench" from "Golden Age"
3. Carl Broemel - "Best Of" from "4th of July"
4. Odds Lane - "Take It Slow" from "Last Night On Cherokee"
5. Bill Kirchen & Austin de Lone - "Hounds Of The Bakersfield" from "Transatlanticana"
6. The Limbos - "Summer Swell" from "Eeny Meeny"
7. Secret Stuff - "You Betcha, Pal" from "Secret Stuff / Sundressed Split EP"
8. Daniel Lanois - ""Deconstruction" (feat. Rocco DeLuca)" from "Goodbye To Language"
9. Dawes - "When The Tequila Runs Out" from "We're All Gonna Die"
10. Ourlives - "Whisper and Wait" from "Higher Hopes"
11. Russian Circles - "Overboard" from "Guidance"
12. Young the Giant - "Mr. Know-It-All" from "Home of the Strange"
13. AM - "The World Will Go On Without You" from "Precious Life"
14. Maynard Ferguson - "Snap" from "Complete High Voltage"
15. Taking Back Sunday - "You Can't Look Back" from "Tidal Wave"
Click here to listen: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2016/082916den.html
That's all for this week folks.