The next BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's is this Saturday, July 8th
Austen Gray (from Joker's Republic)
with opening acoustic set from By Torchlight
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Listen to New Jersey's best music 24/7 on BlowUpRadio.com here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
Monday through Thursday Lazlo will be broadcasting live with the following special programming:
Monday @ 7pm - BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music
Tuesday @ 7pm - Lazlo's Den Presents New Music
Wednesday @ 7pm - Wednesday Free-For-All
Thursday @ 7pm - Concert Preview Show
(Musicians: remember to e-mail us about your upcoming NJ area shows so we can post them on our site & mention them on our Concert Preview Show)
Listen to BlowUpRadio.com here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
Musicians, It is that time again to plan this year's Banding Together Spondylitis Compilation.
Since 2006 BlowUpRadio.com has been doing this annual benefit to raise money for the Spondylitis Association Of America. As most of you know this cause is very personal to me as my wife suffers from Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Like previous years, the compilation has become a key way to raise money for the SAA, as well as distribute a lot of amazing music to people.
In order to make the compilation more sought after, I am looking for previously unreleased songs, or new live versions of songs (or exclusive remixes, etc.), that would be exclusive to the compilation until January 2018 (the compilation will be coming out on Sept. 30th).
Contact me if you would like to be on the compilation.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
RECOMMENDATION: Ryan Patrick - "A Naive State Of Mind" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Shotgun Bill - "Train Cars and Prison Bars...and a White Guitar" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Rob Jennings - "The World Was On My Side" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Mr. Flannery and His Feelings - "Try Your Hardest" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Jay Regan - "Wash Me"
RECOMMENDATION: Modern Crowds - "Modern Crowds" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Modern Chemistry - "Everything In Gold" (NJ)
Lately I've been converting old cassettes to MP3s, and among them are old "aircheck tapes" (recordings of me DJing) as far back as my college radio days at WMCM (Monmouth University) around 1994-1995.
I did a local music show there, and one of the things I've noticed is that while bands come and go, a lot of the musicians I was playing back then are still making music today.
Keith Monacchio (solo these days) was in The Semibeings
Keith Beck (Zigman Bird) was in The Chuttering Mums
Mike Daly (Mike Daly & The Planets) was in Every Damn Day
Danny Roselle (currently inthe Mylars, but has also been part of No Soap Radio, & The Crash Moderns) was a member of Sinnocence.
Bruce Tunkel and Karen Mansfield are still each making solo music, same as they were back in my college radio days.
The list goes on and on.
The same goes for bands I started playing nearly 17 years ago on BlowUpRadio.com when it started. The bands may be long gone, but many of the musicians are still making music.
It's a beautiful thing to realize that while the music scene continues to grow with new generations of musicians joining the local music scene, so many amazingly talented artists that I have been playing for well over 20 years, are still making music.
While that maybe should make me feel old, it really doesn't. It fills me with joy. They have the same passion for making music, that I have for trying to get the word out about good music.
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Rob Jennings - "Backward City" from "The World Was On My Side"
2. Julian Cartwright - "Just Like Me" from "Wonder Worry Wonder"
3. Brian Lowe - "Save Me" from "Save Me [single]"
4. Joker's Republic - "Trump Card (Acoustic)" from "Trump Card (Acoustic)"
5. Shotgun Bill - "Northbound" from "Train Cars and Prison Bars...and a White Guitar"
6. Brick + Mortar - "Great Escape" from "Dropped Again"
7. Sonofdov - "A Low Hush Keel" from "A Low Hush Keel [single]"
8. Ryan Patrick - "I've Hit The Wall Again" from "A Naive State Of Mind"
9. Westfalia - "Out Of Range" from "Out Of Range EP"
10. Possum in my Room - "Killing Metaphorical Giants" from "Australasia"
11. Clouded Filter - "Cleansing" from "Cleansing"
12. Mackenzie James - "White Violets" from "Happy Endings"
13. Gar Francis - "Tell The Truth" from "Raw & Reckles Volume Two"
14. Jonathan Zamudio - "War Machine" from "Studio Session Drafts Vol. 1"
15. Sadboii The Band - "Runnnn4me" from "Darkness 4Eva"
16. The Welts - "Boot Sauce" from "Boot Sauce - Single"
17. The Renegades - "Bandage" from "Summer '03"
BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music airs Mondays @ 8pm
Listen here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
See playlist (with links to all the acts) here: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2017/071717.html
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Mike June - "Alright" from "Alright"
2. Curtis Harding - "On and On" from "On and On [single]"
3. Jay Regan - "Can't Let Go" from "Wash Me"
4. Western Centuries - "weight of the world" from "weight of the world"
5. Pilgrim's Dream - "Ocean" from "Ocean [single]"
6. Tranquility - "Tamarack" from "Sonic Propensity"
7. Teenage Bottlerocket - "Back and Forth" from "Stealing The Covers"
8. Debt Neglector - "Phantom Limbs" from "Atomicland"
9. Choir Vandals - "Head In The Oven" from "Dark Glow"
10. Old Salt Union - "Bought and Sold" from "Old Salt Union"
11. Kasey Chambers - "The Devil's Wheel" from "Dragonfly"
12. Jenni Lyn - "Hickory Holler" from "Burn Another Candle"
13. Chris Casello Trio - "All Messed Up" from "Live at Robert's & Elsewhere"
14. Detroit Rebellion - "Dirty Boots" from "The Man"
15. Rancid - "Stret Punk Trouble Maker" from "Trouble Maker"
Lazlo's Den Presents New Music airs Tuesdays @ 8pm
Listen here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
See playlist (with links to all the acts) here: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2017/071817.html
That's all for this week folks.