The next BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's is Saturday, August 12th
Austen Gray (from Joker's Republic)
with opening acoustic set from By Torchlight
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Listen to New Jersey's best music 24/7 on BlowUpRadio.com here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
Monday through Thursday Lazlo will be broadcasting live with the following special programming:
Monday @ 7pm - BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music
Tuesday @ 7pm - Lazlo's Den Presents New Music
Wednesday @ 7pm - Wednesday Free-For-All
Thursday @ 7pm - Concert Preview Show
(Musicians: remember to e-mail us about your upcoming NJ area shows so we can post them on our site & mention them on our Concert Preview Show)
Listen to BlowUpRadio.com here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
Musicians, It is that time again to plan this year's Banding Together Spondylitis Compilation.
Since 2006 BlowUpRadio.com has been doing this annual benefit to raise money for the Spondylitis Association Of America. As most of you know this cause is very personal to me as my wife suffers from Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Like previous years, the compilation has become a key way to raise money for the SAA, as well as distribute a lot of amazing music to people.
In order to make the compilation more sought after, I am looking for previously unreleased songs, or new live versions of songs (or exclusive remixes, etc.), that would be exclusive to the compilation until January 2018 (the compilation will be coming out on Sept. 30th).
Contact me if you would like to be on the compilation.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
RECOMMENDATION: The Wailing Kids - "Demo(n)s" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Ryan Patrick - "A Naive State Of Mind" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Shotgun Bill - "Train Cars and Prison Bars...and a White Guitar" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Rob Jennings - "The World Was On My Side" (NJ)
As those of you who have been following BlowUpRadio.com for the nearly 17 years we've been around, we've tried a lot of different things over the years. Some great successes, some moderate successes, and some...some more or less go belly up.
This weekend we tried our first ever benefit yard sale to help raise money for Bill Sohor, who is in need of a new pancreas and kidneys. While those of us who worked on it feel good about what we accomplished...and I know Bill is thrilled we did anything to help him...raising less than $200 in 2 days is a sad total. We left with much of what we brought, which was daunting to have to repack into our cars.
Even though this did not turn out as planned, we are thankful to those who came, and very thankful to Outback Steakhouse of Old Bridge for letting us utilize their parking lot for the yard sale when our original location fell through.
When things don't go as planned you learn from it. Next time we'll try something different, but rest assured their will be more benefits. Helping out others has always been an important component to BlowUpRadio.com, and I can't imagine that will ever change. As an example, see above that our annual benefits for the Spondylitis Association of America are coming soon.
If you didn't make it to the yard sale and want to help Bill Sohor, you can find more info, and donate directly here: http://give.transplants.org/site/TR?px=1013351&fr_id=1040&pg=personal
Also, there are two benefit concerts happening for Bill Sohor:
Sunday August 13th @ Brighton Bar
Sunday August 20th @ Crossroads
Line-ups for each show are posted on BlowUpRadio.com's concert calendar.
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Joshua Van Ness - "Lonely Tonight" from "Wild"
2. Val Emmich - "Help!" from "The Reminders (Music Inspired By The Novel)"
3. Jeff Linden - "three thousand miles." from "sad bastard songs."
4. Shred Flintstone - "Buggin'" from "Cartoon Physics"
5. Dump Weed - "Stop & Chop" from "Dumpweed"
6. Mike Levine - "Music Invasion" from "Music Invasion [single]"
7. Goodbye Berlin - "Take Your Time" from "Kinder"
8. Liz Asheley - "Comfort In The Dark" from "This That and The Other"
9. Old Lady - "High Heeled (demo version)" from "Final Mix 2017"
10. Billy Walton Band - "It Don't Matter" from "Wish For What You Want"
11. Science In 1780 - "Straight To Secondary" from "Freak Zoo"
12. Elbowache - "Life Is Canceled Today" from "Apocalyptic Spring"
13. Cult Control - "Used To You" from "Some Days Are Better Than Others"
14. Modern Chemistry - "The Moment" from "Everything In Gold"
15. Hello Whirled - "(Straight Down to the) Bitter End" from "The Pinkest Lifestyle"
16. Matt Collaborate - "Johnny Brenda's" from "If This Is Closure EP"
17. Snow Lotion - "Bad Man" from "Lube Maneuver"
18. Get The Net - "Things Are Gonna Change" from "Breakers"
BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music airs Mondays @ 8pm
Listen here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
See playlist (with links to all the acts) here: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2017/073117.html
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Kerosene Stars - "Up On The Screen" from "The Lost EP"
2. Ozomatli - "Evil Ways" from "Non-Stop"
3. Sean Danielson - "Inside The Mind" from "Mind Control To Steal The Soul"
4. Cherry Divine - "Brand New Tattoo" from "Rockabilly Chicks Vs. Mean Evil Woman"
5. North Mississippi Allstars - "Deep Ellum" from "Prayer For Peace"
6. The Infamous Stringdusters - "Freedom [Boise, Idaho 3/24/2017]" from "Laws Of Gravity: Live!"
7. CH3 - "Water & Time" from "Put 'Em Up"
8. Stiff Little Fingers - "Strummerville" from "Best Served Loud: Live At Barrowlands"
9. Amuse - "I Want To Believe (In Me & You)" from "Life Sucks"
10. Muskets - "Chewing Gum" from "Chewing Gum [single]"
11. People Like You - "Thumbnail" from "Verse"
12. The Toadies - "Broke Down Stupid" from "The Lower Side Of Uptown"
13. Harp Samuels - "Mountains" from "Wanting"
14. Offa Rex - "The Gardener" from "The Queen Of Hearts"
Lazlo's Den Presents New Music airs Tuesdays @ 8pm
Listen here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
See playlist (with links to all the acts) here: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2017/080117.html
That's all for this week folks.