Before we get into info about our last Live365 broadcast this weekend, I do hope everyone mad out ok from the storm this weekend. I consider myself very lucky to have had no damage, and no power outage. I hope you were all as lucky.
This weekend is BlowUpRadio.com's last broadcast on Live365!
As you've probably read in this newsletter, the Copyright Royalty Board raised the royalty rates this year & removed an important provision for small, hobbyist, broadcasters like myself. This has caused our internet station's host, Live365, to go out of business. They will be turning off all stations at the end of January 31st.
But we're ending this phase of BlowUpRadio.com with one heck of a live broadcast party!
"Blowing Up The Radio", will take place Saturday January 30th & Sunday January 31st on BlowUpRadio.com.
It will feature live in-studio performances from 1L & Chris Rockwell, Blisstique, Catherine Wacha, Deena & Jon (from The Cucumbers), Diego Allessandro, Fun While You Wait, George Wirth, Jersey Drive, Jonathan Andrew, Joshua Van Ness, Laree Cisco, Mike Oregano, Renee Maskin, Scruff Cardinale & J Orellana, Sean Faust, Shotgun Bill, Son Of Dov, Staten & Shabazz Talib, The Wailing Kids, Thomas Martin & Jeanne O'Neill, Tommy Strazza, Tony Tedesco, and Vic Fratenale
We hope you will tune in for our final Live365 broadcast!
More info is in Lazlo's Corner below.
A full schedule with approximate airtimes for each guest will be sent out later this week.
The next BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's will be on Saturday February 13th and feature Thomas Johnston, Renee Maskin, and Tris McCall, with a special acoustic opening set from Little Dipper.
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
RECOMMENDATION: Oh, Joy! - "idgafam (demos)"
RECOMMENDATION: Violent Femmes - "memory"
RECOMMENDATION: Boys In Crop Tops - "the hills" (The Weeknd cover)
RECOMMENDATION: The Voices (movie)
RECOMMENDATION: World Of Tomorrow (short film by Don Hertzfeldt)
RECOMMENDATION: Zoo Keys - "trudgin' on"
RECOMMENDATION: Complex Stairs - "52 weeks"
RECOMMENDATION: Anthony Stewart Head + George Sarah - "music for elevators"
RECOMMENDATION: Bob Mould - "Voices in My Head"
RECOMMENDATION: Primal Fear - "rulebreaker"
RECOMMENDATION: The Bomb Shelter Dropouts - "Impeckable"
RECOMMENDATION: Like-Minded - "Like-Minded"
RECOMMENDATION: The World Turning - "The Walk EP"
RECOMMENDATION: David Bowie - "blackstar"
Yes, it's true...more than 15 years after I started BlowUpRadio.com's internet radio stream, this weekend is our final broadcast.
While on the surface this is terrible news, it has led to me trying new ways to promote local music. The first of which is the "embedded broadcasts", utilizing playlists of tracks on Bandcamp & other sites. This has worked well for the last few weeks of BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music (& will be utilized on semi-regular basis for Lazlo's Den Presents New Music.)
This has also led to BlowUpRadio.com getting more media attention then it has for any of the many benefits it has done (which admittedly is a little sad, as I would have preferred the publicity for doing something good for others, but if it gets more people to check out the local music I am playing then it is a win overall.)
Here are links to some of the articles:
And here is a link to an in depth interview I did with Jim Testa (Jersey Beat):
It was very weird being asked questions when I am used to being the one asking them.
This outpouring of support for my little hobby has been very humbling.
I hope you will all tune in to our final Live365 broadcast this weekend. While it is "closing time" for our Live365 stream, the Semisonic lyric from that song applies:
"every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
BlowUpRadio.com will continue to be, "Where NJ Rock Lives!"
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Blame The Kids - "better" from "acoustic"
2. Long Neck - "mint talker" from "'lil neck' fall demos"
3. krissanthemum - "violet to blue" from "i drank as much coffee as my little body would allow me to..."
4. In Theory - "Turning Over A New Leaf" from "Complacency"
5. Reverb To Maine - "A Place In Hell (Quiet Mix)" from "eighties"
6. Dryjacket - "Bill Gates Ringtone" from "Bill Gates Ringtone"
7. Dookieshecky - "my keys" from "More Songs I Trash Picked"
8. Holy City Zoo - "Stan Lee's cup" from "no bunting"
9. Frogg Party - "blue glass" from "fashionably late"
10. Sundried Everything - "cegull" from "Sundried Everything"
11. Squid Brothers Inc. - "down" from "live squid"
12. Nick Conte - "12% interest" from "nothing hip about it"
13. Fathers Of Stealth - "crooked smiles" from "PsychoFuzz"
14. J Thoubbs - "threat level" from "unreleasable material"
15. Complex Stairs - "The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors" from "52 weeks"
16. Zoo Keys - "Trudgin' On" from "Violent Ends EP"
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Brett Harris - "end of the rope" from "up in the air"
2. The Bomb Shelter Dropouts - "stupid acoustic song" from "impeckable"
3. Bob Mould - "voices in my head" from "patch the sky"
4. Shutterwax - "nothing left but breathing" from "nothing left but breathing"
5. Jimkata - "in the moment" from "in motion"
6. Zoe Zac - "maximum" from "maximum"
7. The Gills - "lemonade" from "lemonade"
8. Pugwash - "hung myself out to dry" from "Play This Intimately (As If Among Friends)"
9. The Longwalls - "zombies!" from "live at the bridge"
10. Terry Urban - "biggie stardust" "biggie stardust"
11. Pikachunes - "love is a battlefield (feat. Aviva)" from "love is a battlefield (feat. Aviva)"
12. Kingdoms - "hotline bling (Drake cover)" from "hotline bling (Drake cover)"
That's all for this week folks.