We have one more BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's this year, Saturday December 10th.
It features: Matt Scuteri, Shotgun Bill, and Son Of Dov
Acoustic Opener: Hat & Boots
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
The 2016 Banding Together Compilation is available for download!
Donate $10 (or more) to get 32 previously unreleased songs!
See the full track listing and donate to get the compilation: https://spondy.bandcamp.com/album/banding-together-2016-compilation
Or donate at the Spondylitis Association Of America's website to get the compilation: http://www.spondylitis.org/band
Check out our 'infomercial' for the compilation: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2016/spondy2016.html
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
Song Of The Day (11/26/16): Particle Zoo - "Edge Of Oblivion" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (11/25/16): Florence Henderson & the Muppets - "Happy Together"
Song Of The Day (11/24/16): Bunny West - "Run To The Hills"
MUSIC VIDEO: OK Go - "The One Moment"
Song Of The Day (11/23/16): Lisa Coppola - "I Can't Make Sense of Your Crazy" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (11/22/16): Well Wisher - "Rumours" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (11/21/16): Lost In Society - "Wrong Direction" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (11/20/16): Craig Greenberg - "Fools And Thieves"
Remembering Tommy "Buzz" Cartier
Song Of The Day (11/17/16): Kenny Loggins - "What a Fool Believes"
RECOMMENDATION: Mother Goose - "Shame" (NJ)
Song Of The Day (11/14/16): Bad Religion - "Stranger Than Fiction"
America is, "Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"
America should not be, "There's a new sheriff in town -- President Donald Trump. He's going to cleanse America and make it shine again. And he's going to start with you Muslims. He's going to do to you Muslims what Hitler did to the Jews."
The first quote is from a poem by Emma Lazarus, and is inscribed on a plaque in the pedestal of the Statue Of Liberty.
The second quote is from an anonymous letter sent to a Mosque in California (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/letter-california-mosque-threatens-cleanse-donald-trump)
Since the news story of the letter to the Mosque went public, Donald Trump has made several statements ridiculing Democrats and the Green Party, but has been strangely quiet about someone threatening to exterminate Americans in his name.
This is not being presidential. This is being a coward.
Trump spent his entire campaign stroking the flames of hatred, and the resulting hatred now happening to various groups across the country, he has done little to quell.
Proponents of his will argue that he told everyone to "Stop it!" on 60 Minutes, and again said similarly in a private meeting with the New York Times. Both times he only said such things after he was asked directly about it, and both times were with the “mainstream media” that he has said not to trust his entire campaign.
Has Trump said anything about it on social media?
He constantly says that is the best way to reach people, but has done NOTHING on social media to stop the hate crimes occurring in his name.
That makes him complicit in the crimes themselves.
The compilation album, "Rock Against Hate", that I am currently working on with an all-star lineup of local (and some non-local musicians), can't stop the hate by itself.
It can, and will, raise money for good causes, but we need to all communicate to everyone we know that these hate crimes are not acceptable.
In many cases we will be preaching to the already converted, but if we all keep speaking out against the hate, and the people we speak to speak to people they know, eventually we will reach the people who need to know this is not ok.
History has shown the error of remaining quiet as hate crimes happen around you.
I opened this message with a quote from a poem. I will close this message with a poem from Pastor Martin Niemoller.
"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me-and there was no one left to speak for me."
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Well Wisher - "rumours" from "i'll go"
2. Skytop Motel - "Dim" from "Hosni Demo"
3. Roe Knows Best - "TV Pilots" from "Unreleased Demos"
4. Whiner - "Pity Party" from "Forever"
5. The Lo-Fi's - "87" from "Mango Apothecary"
6. Gorillas. Grapefruits. - "Maryland" from "Derp."
7. chatterbox for earthworms - "I Am Not a Beach Boy" from "Little Bugs"
8. dandelion hands - "give me peace of mind" from "[COMMISSIONS III]"
9. Cape Cool - "Fade" from "Fade / Devotion - Single"
10. ex number five - "Armistice" from "Odd Ends"
11. Ernest - "All It Takes" from "Lost"
12. Garage Sale - "Falter, Walter" from "It's Not Delivery, It's DiHeelio's!"
13. Bootless Cries - "Done" from "Fading"
14. Julius Schmidt - "Wistful 1 (in F Major)" from "Wistful"
15. Cat Catastrophe and The Night Terrors - "Famous Blue Raincoat" from "4AM/4PM Leonard Cohen Covers"
Click here to listen: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2016/112816.html
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Bad Cop/Bad Cop - "Get Rad" from "Get Rad"
2. Letters to Cleo - "4 Leaf Clover" from "Back To Nebraska"
3. The Regrettes - "Hey Now" from "Hey Now"
4. Hootsie - "More Than That" from "More Than That"
5. Overlord - "Posthumous Honors" from "The Well-Tempered Overlord"
6. Port Juvee - "Crimewave" from "Crimewave"
7. Cuddle Magic - "Slow Rider" from "Ashes/Axis"
8. Jus Goodie feat. E.N Young - "Reggae Rock" from "Reggae Rock"
9. Nina Diaz - "Queen Beats King" from "The Beat Is Dead"
10. Hail Taxi - "Crystal Clear" from "Apart For So Long"
11. Belinda Esquer - "Silverlining" from "The Truth"
12. Amy Pate - "Meet Me In The Clouds" from "Ages"
13. Harvey Mandel - "Ode to B.B." from "Snake Pit"
14. The Limbos - "The Swag" from "Guitar Rebel: A Tribute To Link Wray"
15. The Kumari - "Abyss" from "Abyss"
Click here to listen: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2016/112116den.html
That's all for this week folks.