Big thanks to Kim Boyko, Austen Gray, Rob Jennings. By Torchlight, everyone who came out to the show, and of course, Espresso Joe's, for this month's BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull!
Whenever people ask why I do a site dedicated to NJ's indie music scene, I just point at shows like Saturday's and go, " Listen to them. All of them should be playing much larger venues to huge crowds. How can I as a music fan, not do whatever I can to get the word out about these great acts"
Speaking of which...
The next BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's is Saturday, September 9th
This very special show will have NO opening acoustic act
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Listen to New Jersey's best music 24/7 on BlowUpRadio.com here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
Monday through Thursday Lazlo will be broadcasting live with the following special programming:
Monday @ 7pm - BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music
Tuesday @ 7pm - Lazlo's Den Presents New Music
Wednesday @ 7pm - Wednesday Free-For-All
Thursday @ 7pm - Concert Preview Show
(Musicians: remember to e-mail us about your upcoming NJ area shows so we can post them on our site & mention them on our Concert Preview Show)
Listen to BlowUpRadio.com here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
Musicians, It is that time again to plan this year's Banding Together Spondylitis Compilation.
Since 2006 BlowUpRadio.com has been doing this annual benefit to raise money for the Spondylitis Association Of America. As most of you know this cause is very personal to me as my wife suffers from Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Like previous years, the compilation has become a key way to raise money for the SAA, as well as distribute a lot of amazing music to people.
In order to make the compilation more sought after, I am looking for previously unreleased songs, or new live versions of songs (or exclusive remixes, etc.), that would be exclusive to the compilation until January 2018 (the compilation will be coming out on Sept. 30th).
Contact me if you would like to be on the compilation.
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
MUSIC VIDEO: Joshua Van Ness - "Anyone" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Crust - "Sag City Bullshit" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: The Clydes - "Lucid Garden" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Atom Driver - "In The West" (NJ)
I don't want to harp on the white supremacist (call them what they are, not the more friendly sounding "alt-right") stuff happening right now. A lot has already been said by people smarter than me...and nothing useful has been said by our president, which to quote him, is "Sad".
I will just say the same thing I tweeted the other day: We cannot, & shall not, let this country return to its bigoted & racist past. We are all humans
On a more positive note, this coming Sunday, August 20th, is the second benefit concert for Bill Sohor. You may recall a few weeks ago we did a benefit yard sale for him, to help with costs he is incurring while awaiting a pancreas & kidney transplants. My friend Scruff, put together some amazing lineups for 2 benefit shows. One which is concluding as I type this on Sunday August 13th, at the Brighton Bar.
The one this coming Sunday, August 20th, is at Crossroads in Garwood and performing at it will be: The Tea & Whiskey, D'arcy, Creeping Hush, Centennials, Jughandle, and Six To Eight Mathematics.
Come out if you can for a good cause, or just go here & donate if you can't: http://bit.ly/helpbilly
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Rhonette Smith - "Persons" from "On Letting Go"
2. Fire Is Motion - "Flowers in Kawameeh Park" from "Flowers in Kawameeh Park [single]"
3. White Oak - "Places We Want To Go" from "The Dead Fret Demo"
4. Dollys - "Too Bad" from "Tense"
5. The Orsomethings - "Didn't Get The Memo" from "The Orsomethings"
6. Tura Lura - "Growing Pains" from "Blue New Jersey"
7. James Booth & The Return - "I Can't Believe It's Only Friday" from "The Sky Hurts My Eyes"
8. Reddmond & Joey - "Keep It To Yourself" from "Keep It To Yourself [single]"
9. Sadboii The Band - "Laffin At Me" from "Sadboii iv"
10. Joe Juliano - "Unwanted" from "Lost Loves"
11. Mezling - "Tumble Tack" from "Narso Cleft"
12. Fence - "quidditch.wav" from "harry.potter and the chamber.of secrets"
13. Sam Wu - "Heavenly" from "Cardinal Direction"
14. The Stewart Dolly - "Neon Sandwich" from "Ain't No Gas Station Gon Sell You City Boys No Grenadine"
BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music airs Mondays @ 8pm
Listen here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
See playlist (with links to all the acts) here: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2017/081417.html
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die - "Dillon and Her Son" from "Always Foreign"
2. Choir Vandals - "Keep It Under" from "Dark Glow"
3. IO Echo - "Harm" from "Harm [single]"
4. Wild Ones - "Paresthesia" from "Mirror Touch"
5. Girlpool - "She Goes By" from "Powerplant"
6. Sorority Noise - "Where Are You?" from "You're Not As ___ As You Think"
7. No Use For A Name - "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" from "Rarities Vol. 1: The Covers"
8. Alestorm - "Pegleg Potion" from "No Grave But The Sea"
9. Motorhead - "Heroes" from "Under Cover"
10. The Drums - "Rich Kids" from "Abysmal Thoughts"
11. Dan Auerbach - "Livin' In Sin" from "Waiting On A Song"
12. Detroit Rebellion - "Speak Your Mind" from "The Man"
13. Applewood Road - "Honey Won't You" from "Applewood Road"
14. Old Salt Union - "You Can Call Me Al" from "Old Salt Union"
15. The Yardbirds - "Sitting On Top Of The World" from "Backroom Blues Volume Five"
Lazlo's Den Presents New Music airs Tuesdays @ 8pm
Listen here: http://streaming.live365.com/a42405
See playlist (with links to all the acts) here: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2017/081517.html
That's all for this week folks.